In this post: Can you use homeopathy for allergies to get rid of allergies permanently? You sure can! Read on to find out how I got rid of my seasonal allergies.
If you’re like me, you worry about seasonal allergies, especially every spring. However, in the past couple of years, I made some changes. I started practicing homeopathy for allergies and beat my spring allergies!
After suffering from allergies for about 22 years, I made some easy changes that brought me relief. Through the years, I’ve done research galore, trying to find what I can do to get rid of this persistent problem.
Here’s what I’ve discovered.
What Are Seasonal Allergies?
The American College of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology says, “Seasonal allergies, like other allergies, develop when the body’s immune system becomes sensitized and overreacts to something in the environment that typically causes no problem in most people.” The most popular triggers of seasonal allergies are grass, pollen, and mold.
The spring allergy season can start in February and last until mid-summer. This can be months of discomfort for allergy sufferers. With so much information already on the internet, you have probably come across several ideas of things you could do to fight your seasonal allergies.
Are You Already Doing This?
When I first figured out I was going to be suffering through allergy season habitually, there was no Google. Instead of going to the library to get information, I read the countless grocery store aisle books on the topic that my mom gave me.
From these books, I got ideas and suggestions. They have helped me evolve to where I am today. Where is that exactly?
For the past few years, I haven’t had spring or fall allergy attacks. Here are some of the ideas that I’ve read about and tried:
- Know your allergies. What exactly are you allergic to? With modern technology, you can get an idea of how bad your allergies might be before your day even begins. On these days, try to stay inside and keep windows closed.
- Neti pots or saline sprays wash that gunk out of your sinuses. You know that huge, gross thing that rolls down the back of your throat? If you were using a saltwater treatment, it would be down your sink drain instead of in your stomach.
- Wash your sheets and other linens regularly. This helps remove any sort of allergens from areas where you might put your face.
- Do your best to wipe off surfaces and keep a clean house. If allergies already make you susceptible to being sick, you sure don’t want extra allergens or a cold virus hanging around.
- Take a shower and wash your hair if you have been outside. The faster you can get rid of any pollen, the better.
- Wear a face mask when you’re cleaning or working outside. Whether you’re allergic to dust or pollen, it will be beneficial to wear a face mask when you’re around these allergens.
- Regularly change the filters on your furnace and air conditioner. This isn’t just a good tip to keep your furnace and air conditioner running smoothly, it also helps your lungs.
- Drink plenty of water. When your body is appropriately hydrated, it handles difficult situations (like having to deal with allergens) better.
- Reduce your sugars. Do you know what bacteria needs to thrive? Sugar. Just think of that! For every sugary item you eat, you are feeding bacteria in your body.
- If you are a sugar lover like me, try adding lemon to your water. The pH of the lemon helps reduce your pH, which makes it harder on bacteria.
Homeopathy for Allergies–4 Steps to Feel Better Fast
Here’s what I’ve been doing to beat my allergies.
- Pay attention to how you feel when you eat specific foods. According to WebMD, about one-third of people with seasonal allergies will have a “cross-reaction to certain foods.” WebMD advises being wary of bananas, cucumbers, melons, zucchini, sunflower seeds, and chamomile tea for those with ragweed allergies. Other foods that people can have a sensitivity to are peppers, onions, strawberries, dairy, wheat, corn, peanuts, and sugar. If you feel like you are having an allergic reaction to a food (no matter how small the reaction) try eliminating that food from your diet for a while and see how you feel.
- Take baths with [easyazon_link identifier=”B004N79BYC” locale=”US” tag=”custpilandyog-20″]epsom salts[/easyazon_link] regularly. Epsom salt baths help gently detoxify your body. When my allergies are winning, I fix an epsom salt bath. I get the water really salty. Then, I step into it and feel immediate relief. I’m not joking, as soon as I have both feet submerged, my sinuses open up, and I can breathe again. Then, I sit and soak. After a while, I slide down and hang out with my ears underwater. Once I get out of the bath, I make sure to really clean the goop from my ears and moisturize my body. (If you are so inclined to order from this Amazon link, I will receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.)
- Eat foods that are known for their anti-inflammatory properties. Helpful foods include garlic, coconut oil, olive oil, tomatoes, green leafy vegetables, blueberries, cherries, oranges, and salmon.
- Have a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar everyday. If you are a sugar-lover like I am, apple cider vinegar can help reduce sugar cravings as well as decrease your pH. This makes it harder for bacteria to survive.
If You Decide to Take Medicine…
If these natural ideas aren’t doing the trick, there are always medicines available. Currently, there are several over the counter medicines that can help with seasonal allergies. However, before taking any medication, please be sure to consult your physician.
When I talked to my pharmacist brother-in-law about my allergies, he informed me about an eyedrop called [easyazon_link identifier=”B00B618T1Y” locale=”US” tag=”custpilandyog-20″]Zaditor[/easyazon_link]. This medicine has been a real game-changer for me.
As soon as I start to feel any swelling in my sinuses or itching in my eyes, I use a drop. One eye drop will immediately get rid of the itchy feeling in my eye, and I can feel swelling decrease in my sinuses.
Get Rid of Seasonal Allergies Permanently!
(Knock on wood) I haven’t had a sinus infection and my allergies have greatly decreased since I started using homeopathy for allergies. I hope these tips help you get rid of your seasonal allergies permanently.
Are you interested in getting more tips from me on how to stay happy, healthy, and pain-free? Just sign up here!
Do you have other ideas for how to use homeopathy for allergies? Let us know in the comments below.