If I were to use one word to describe this blog, it would be wellness. I’m talking about actions and ideas to keep you happy and healthy, things to keep you strong as you age, or to help you when you’re on the road to recovery.
My name is Sarah Stockett, and I’m STOTT certified in Matwork; Reformer; Cadillac, Chair, and Barrels; Injuries & Special Populations; and CORE. I also am a RYT 200 with Yoga Alliance, and I have studied Active Isolated Stretching.
Although my educational background is important, I think my injuries and the challenges I’ve faced are what set me apart as an instructor. I have:
- had two c-sections,
- progressed in fixing diastasis rectus abdominis,
- lived with pubis symphysis dysfunction (while pregnant),
- stabilized an unstable pubis (after pregnancy),
- lived with an umbilical hernia,
- rehabilitated an umbilical hernia repair,
- fixed my plantar fasciitis,
- had a broken neck, and
- fixed my sciatica.
Since 2002, I have worked as a Pilates instructor, personal trainer, and yoga instructor. I have worked with clients who have had issues including:
- rheumatoid arthritis,
- diastasis rectus abdominis,
- knee replacement,
- spinal fusion,
- cervical vertebrae surgery,
- low back pain,
- bulging discs,
- wrist surgeries,
- foot surgeries,
- fused toes,
- neck tension,
- hernia repair,
- psoas dysfunction, and
- piriformis dysfunction.
I’m glad you’re spending this time with me, and I’d really appreciate your feedback. Is there something you’d like to see more or less of? Are there any specific topics you’d like me to address?